MARGE is an independent consulting firm supporting projects at the nexus of energy, environment and climate change in developing countries.
In line with the Sustainable Energy for All – SE4ALL – initiative launched by the UN Secretary-General in 2011, three interlinked objectives constitute the core business of MARGE already since its inception in 1995 :
- Improve access to sustainable energy services ;
- Promote energy efficiency ;
- Tackle climate change ;
MARGE has long recognised that “access to sustainable energy has a strong multiplier impact on developing countries’ economies and contribute to environmental protection, climate change prevention and adaptation” (European Union – Agenda for Change, 2012).
By providing expertise in these areas, MARGE aims to contribute to :
- Help provide the foundations for sustainable growth, insulate from shocks. This implies improving the resilience of developing countries to the consequences of climate change by means of climate adaptation and mitigation strategies ;
- Tackle inequalities without harming the environment. This involves supporting initiatives toward achieving a green economy that can generate growth, create jobs, reduce gender inequality and alleviate poverty.
MARGE delivers independent, tailored, innovative and high-quality solutions.
MARGE experts share a common professional ethic based on independence, integrity, honesty and attention to quality. We work closely with our clients, providing local insights from time on the ground and generating advice with a global vision. Thanks to our extensive and diversified network of experts all around the world, we provide expertise on :
- policy and strategy development ;
- assessment and impact studies ;
- project identification, implementation and supervision ;
- institutional capacity development ;
- communication and awareness raising ;
As a company based on ethical principles, we always seek to maximise the social, economic and environmental values of the projects we undertake. For this reasons, our pool of consultants hold extensive expertise in technical, financial, environmental and socio-economic matters.
MARGE is internationally recognized by prominent clients across Europe and the rest of the world.
This includes multilateral and national development agencies, donors and foundations, NGOs, private firms and utilities, governments, academy, as well as civil society.